Moist Feeder with Heating
Tidy easily bar mounted feeder with aluminium chute to dispense the feed directly into your trough/manger
Can delivery up to 8 feeds per day in quantities you require
A modified internal setup allows the stickier feeds to be dispensed as compared to our competitors and our standard dry feeder
This upgrade on the standard moist feeder keeps the both and moist feed from freezing even in the colder environments
- Capacity: 16kg
- Size: 47cm*60cm*15cm
- Shell type ABS Plastic with label
- Box material: Labelled ABS
- Packaged weight: 11.5kg
- 12V unit comes supplied with 110/240V transformer
- Not suitable for mixes with over 12% molassis, wet feeds, beet pulp
- Not suitable for chaff, alfalfa, straw, wet supplements or hay cubes
- Simplefeeder owner’s manual (1 off)
- U Bolts & holding spacer & lock nuts (2 off) for mounting feeders on bars
- Transformer 110/220VAC to 12V with 5m lead
- Mounting Bar (1off) for mounting feeders on bars or walls
- Optional Extras
- Help Centre
- Battery Connector ideal for operating the feeder in a remote stable without electricity. The battery connector’s crocodile clips connect directly to any standard 12V battery (40Ah capacity) - view product
- Wall mounting Kit - includes the required elbow and pipe to allow it to pass through the wall once a hole has been cored thru or a block taken out - view product
- Flexibucket - ideal for filling the feeder - view product
- Trough - view product
The SimpleFeeder prices are inclusive of a 1 Year Warranty and Delivery Insurance.
Recommended C30H Setup Procedure
- Ensure it is plugged in and that the timer display is on
- If the timer display is not “on” then please press the small reset button to get it going
- Set the time to the current time
- Set the start time to 1 hour before your feed and 30 minutes after (1.5-hour running time)
- Example if you want to feed at 06:00 – set the start time to 05:00 and the finish time to 06:30
Things to watch out for
- Ensure you have the heaters coming on for every feed not just the colder times of day
- Ensure it is coming on 7 days a week (7 triangles)
Tell me about Equine Disciplines
Only a few stallions compete. Horses progress from grade C to grade B to grade A and on to Grand Prix level. Show jumping horses usually reach their peak between the age of 9 and 16. Show jumpers usually deal in horses, buying from Holland, Belgium, Germany, Austria or Ireland.
The horses are highly priced and prized mainly because the prize money has increased over the years with corporate companies sponsoring major competitions.
There is a great deal of serious sponsorship in show jumping.
The Dressage section has the disciplined movement of horses using specific steps turns etc. The Cross Country section is over a course of 3 to 4 miles, negotiating different jumps of walls, logs and water jumps to test the ability of horse and rider.
Show jumping is the last phase. Badminton, Burleigh and Blenheim are most famous and prestigious events in the UK.
Horses are usually 16hh or taller and reach their peak between 8 and 16 years old.
As mentioned above Dressage involves the disciplined movement of horses using specific steps turns etc. It is performed in an arena, can be performed to music, with the rider smartly dressed. Goodwood is the Mecca of dressage. Horses tend to be 16hh or taller and compete up to the age of 20.
The sport for thoroughbreds only, traced back to three original stallions, which were imported from the Middle East around three hundred years ago. All foals must be registered on a passport at birth. The age of all thoroughbreds is taken from the 1st Jan of their birth year for racing purposes.
Flat Racing is associated with the summer and is a more wealthy form of racing with higher prize money and more expensive horses than The National Hunt Races. Races range from 5 furlongs (8 to a mile) to up to two and a half miles with no obstacles. The minimum weight carried is usually 7 stone with the max being 10 stone.
Horses are usually 15hh to 17hh. National Hunt Racing is associated with winter and a poor relation to flat racing in terms of prize money etc. Mainly geldings (castrated males) and mares compete. Hurdle races are run from two to three and a half miles and the horses jump soft barriers that are easily brushed over. Chases are run over much stiffer obstacles, horses tend to start over hurdles then progress to chases. The main National Hunt meetings are Cheltenham Gold Cup and Aintree Grand National.
Point to Point Racing starts in February and is limited to horses that have seen hunting several times with a recognised local hunt. They are less professional and are run over courses that are basically fields with a few running rails. Horses can progress to hunter classes for which races are held at recognised race courses.
This is where future champions are born. Each stallion covers approx 45+ mares per year at a fee agreed before the covering season starts. The mares usually travel to the yard where the stallion is kept and remain until they are found to be in foal when tested. Large operations would have their own stallions to cover their own mares. Only exceptional racehorses are kept as stallions.
A sport played on a lawn with four chukka players per side. Each player uses up to four ponies per game. It is a very expensive game enjoyed by the rich and famous. Wealthy individuals sponsor their own teams for the season including hiring players from South America, Mexico and Argentina. Polo ponies tend to be quite small.
What are the Vet’s view on a automated horse feeder?
Veterinarians universally agree that frequent small meals are more healthy for your stalled horses. Horses fed multiple small meals are less prone to boredom, colic and vices. The automatic horse feeders allow you to provide a more natural feeding schedule for your horse.
How many models are in the SiMPLEFEEDER range?
The SiMPLEFEEDER Equine range consists of five model types; “C10″, “C30″, “C30H” and “C10 2x”. Which all can be viewed here
- The C10 SiMPLEFEEDER (capacity 22 Kg) model can dispense grain, cubes or nuts.
- The C30 SiMPLEFEEDER (capacity 18 Kg) model dispenses High Concentrated Moist sweet feed.
- The C30H SiMPLEFEEDER (capacity 16 Kg) model has in built heaters for the harsher enviroments . It dispenses High Concentrated Moist sweet feed.
- The C10 2X SiMPLEFEEDER (capacity 46 Kg) model can dispense grain, cubes or nuts.
|Feeder Dimensions Centimeters|
|SiMPLEFEEDER C10||59.0 cm||47.0 cm||14.0 cm|
|SiMPLEFEEDER C30||59.0 cm||47.0 cm||14.0 cm|
|SiMPLEFEEDER C30 H||59.0 cm||47.0 cm||14.0 cm|
|SiMPLEFEEDER C10 2X||62.0 cm||49.5 cm||30.0 cm|
|SiMPLEFEEDER Dog Feeder||43.0 cm||47.0 cm||14.0 cm|
|Feeder Dimensions Inches|
|SiMPLEFEEDER C10||23.0 inches||18.5 inches||5.5 inches|
|SiMPLEFEEDER C30||23.0 inches||18.5 inches||5.5 inches|
|SiMPLEFEEDER C30 H||23.0 inches||18.5 inches||5.5 inches|
|SiMPLEFEEDER C10 2X||24.5 inches||19.5 inches||12.0 inches|
|SiMPLEFEEDER Dog Feeder||17.0 inches||18.5 inches||5.5 inches|
SiMPLEFEEDER has developed another feeder range “Dog Feeder – The C10 Dog SiMPLEFEEDER” . The Dog Feeder can be viewed here
We are presently developing a reindeer feeder with three presently C10 Reindeer SiMPLEFEEDER” at trial stage, feeding 12 Reindeer using the simplefeeder powered by battery using a 3 way battery adapter, an adapter that operated 3 feeders at one time. Click here to view our reindeer partner.
Mounting bar and sliding door
The mounting bar setup shown does not normally effect the opening of a sliding door, view image here.